How powering up early screws up your launch....4 failed attempts today

Basic flying around. nothing special.
Primal Flight
Site Admin

How powering up early screws up your launch....4 failed attempts today

Post by Primal Flight » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:45 pm

at 46 flights now, I am still fairly new, but I was on a role on my A rated Ozone Mojo power (have not missed a launch in many flights)....Today was my second flight attempt on my new-to-me Niviuk Link B rated glider. It is smaller, and different, and I may have learned some bad habbits on the mojo power.

I video'd the whole thing on my helmet cam, but I doubt I will edit and post it. I did get some good screenshots of the wing not coming up correctly when I looked to the side, and you can clearly see how the wing was deformed by the prop thrust (Ripman also got a video)....I simply applied full throttle way to early. I think I did this with the Mojo pwr, but it is shaped differently and could probably handle it without veering off to the side like the link did.

I still got my days exercise in, and learned a good lesson. Next flight on the link will be better for sure.

I think I am going to add a takeoff camera to my equipment. If I could have reviewed my 1st takeoff attempt at the field before trying the other 3, I might have gotten in the air today....I happen to have another camera (with built in monitor) and tripod.

Toby
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.